Pokemon Bloodstone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon Bloodstone

The Official Forum of the BYOND game Pokemon Bloodstone by Br4nd0n2008

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katona's New Campaign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Katona

Katona

Katona's New Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Another rant coming your way from the policewoman that brought you EGM!

It's been over a year since my last forum rant, and a new problem has arisen. Yes, it is about the GMs again. But this time, it's not just about having a variety of time zones.

It's about the fact that there are barely any GMs left.

I'm sure any active player has noticed by now, but hasn't really been bothered to speak up. Yeah, I know this because if I ask in-game, everybody agrees with me. It's like there aren't any GMs left!

Poor Chance is being run ragged by everybody having to ask him to do things, while Flame codes to better his game. And both of them have lives too; they can't be expected to play 24/7. I haven't seen any other GMs (But I think Mateus is one...) since the game came back on.

Why the players think there are no GMs:

MikeyMango & Max: I guess it can just be hard to trust for some people, that's the only reason I can think of. - I agree on that one; I've seen a lot of games be ruined by GMs who abuse from Day One. We all know about those GMs that did nothing but abuse their powers and cause trouble (I'm not naming names, but we all know who they are).

Enma: not much rule breaking? - Obviously a newbie. Mikey Mango also adds: Yeah but GMs are also for help not just to enforce rules. I think that sums it up.

Anon: brandon still has the power
*to choose GM's
*though he doesn't like any of us players - No comment. Fuck yeah, there's a comment. Most of you will probably know I got to become an admin a few days ago. Last night, Brandon randomly came on and took it away, without seeming to give a reason why. This also happened the first time I became a GM - at that point he was no longer playing, but within 20-30 minutes of me getting my powers, he took them away again. All I am saying.

Max: Because EU players are being discriminated - I wouldn't say discriminated... Okay, yes I would. Anybody remember EGM? That's all I'm saying.

Raiko and Me: The population of GMs tends to go to extremes. First there's too many, now there's barely enough. A balance needs to be found.

Raiko: Bias and Favouritism. GMs treat their friends better than other players. If their friend does something wrong, the GM will let them off. The GM may also abuse on a player he/she doesn't like. This leads to complaints towards that GM, who in turn gets pissed and abuses on all, and eventually ragequits. Before you know it, most of them are gone.- Couldn't have said it better myself.

As you can see, the problem this time round is that when we do get GMs, they tend to quit soon after / be so inactive we think they've quit. So now we get to my favourite part: The petition! If you think we should get more GMs (with a variety of time zones, that is Wink ) You just copy and paste the petition from the post before yours, add your name to it, and post it! And post any comments/opinions you have on the subject too and I'll get back to you!

1. Katona

And before you leave, one more note:

Flame48 wrote:
I agree that we need a euro gm...however there's nothing I can really do about that ATM. Sorry
YOUR THE EFFIN OWNER NOW! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! D:<

Signed with a star, KatonaChan:star:

Last edited by Katona on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raiko

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Another rant coming your way from the policewoman that brought you EGM!

It's been over a year since my last forum rant, and a new problem has arisen. Yes, it is about the GMs again. But this time, it's not just about having a variety of time zones.

It's about the fact that there are barely any GMs left.

I'm sure any active player has noticed by now, but hasn't really been bothered to speak up. Yeah, I know this because if I ask in-game, everybody agrees with me. It's like there aren't any GMs left!

Poor Chance is being run ragged by everybody having to ask him to do things, while Flame codes to better his game. And both of them have lives too; they can't be expected to play 24/7. I haven't seen any other GMs (But I think Mateus is one...) since the game came back on.

Why the players think there are no GMs:

MikeyMango & Max: I guess it can just be hard to trust for some people, that's the only reason I can think of. - I agree on that one; I've seen a lot of games be ruined by GMs who abuse from Day One. We all know about those GMs that did nothing but abuse their powers and cause trouble (I'm not naming names, but we all know who they are).

Enma: not much rule breaking? - Obviously a newbie. Mikey Mango also adds: Yeah but GMs are also for help not just to enforce rules. I think that sums it up.

Anon: brandon still has the power
*to choose GM's
*though he doesn't like any of us players - No comment.

Max: Because EU players are being discriminated - I wouldn't say discriminated... Okay, yes I would. Anybody remember EGM? That's all I'm saying.

Raiko and Me: The population of GMs tends to go to extremes. First there's too many, now there's barely enough. A balance needs to be found.

Raiko: Bias and Favouritism. GMs treat their friends better than other players. If their friend does something wrong, the GM will let them off. The GM may also abuse on a player he/she doesn't like. This leads to complaints towards that GM, who in turn gets pissed and abuses on all, and eventually ragequits. Before you know it, most of them are gone.- Couldn't have said it better myself.

As you can see, the problem this time round is that when we do get GMs, they tend to quit soon after / be so inactive we think they've quit. So now we get to my favourite part: The petition! If you think we should get more GMs (with a variety of time zones, that is ) You just copy and paste the petition from the post before yours, add your name to it, and post it! And post any comments/opinions you have on the subject too and I'll get back to you!

1. Katona
2.Raiko
3.Max

Last edited by Raiko on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
licht444

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:36 pm

(too lazy to log in)
1. Katona
2.max (licht44)

oh my effing god, flame... YOU CAN! like katona said YOU"RE THE EFFING OWNER! it's your game now... i guess...
you even could have putted in whores, you could have deleted the game ( no this are not suggetions Razz) you could have edited it to a digimon game or whatever, you own it... and so you can edit it freely, i'm with katona Smile Go katona go!
Back to top Go down
licht444

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:37 pm

hey raiko, i'm sorry can you edit yours? i'm not logged in i cant edit mine >:
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm

1. Katona
2. Raiko
3. max (licht44)
4. Sakura

Hmm reasons why there isn't a GMs..I think it's because there isn't a lot of fair people anymore. Do you remember the contest yesterday? SOMEONE (Not naming a person, but we know who that person is..) WAS picking favorites..and it was obvious.
Another reason I think is because Flame wants someone who can actually help him. Like a person who can code, icon, or map.
Another reason which I think there is too few GMs is that because Flame is lazy to pick them..which I doubt XD
Back to top Go down
Katona

Katona

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:54 pm

1. Katona
2. Raiko
3. max (licht44)
4. Sakura
5. Neon
6. Damion

Neon asked me to add me and his friend for him.
Back to top Go down
light-realm

light-realm

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:55 pm

1. Katona
2. Raiko
3. max (licht44)
4. Sakura
5. Neon
6. Damion
7. Light

Lol add me in its kool to see having new stuff like gms since most of them quit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katona's New Campaign   Katona's New Campaign Icon_minitime