Pokemon Bloodstone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon Bloodstone

The Official Forum of the BYOND game Pokemon Bloodstone by Br4nd0n2008

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)

Go down 
+10
Kira
Neon
Kenny
Jonny_test_718
CommanderKippy
kuno121
Superdutch25
Mateus69
Flame48
Brandon
14 posters

When would you prefer to wipe?
Now
Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Vote_lcap64%Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Vote_rcap
 64% [ 14 ]
Spring Break (April 5th)
Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Vote_lcap36%Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Empty
PostSubject: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Apparently flame\'s been working on an update to add in random chance of shiny\'s and a stat system with EV\'s in them. To add this update we would have to pwipe. I want to do the pwipe in spring break after adding some updates of my own but flame wants to do the pwipe now here were our reasonings:

Brandon:
  • Bring more players by wiping in Spring when people are most likely to be online.

• Fix more bugs first

• Add more pokemon

• Bring back Player gym leaders and e4 along with npcs while they are offline.
  • Could have all kind of events.
  • More Org bases.

and last but not least
  • More time to Train after the pwipe(this way the people who can rarely get on during the school days don\'t get left behind.

Side note: Some of the bugs in Flame\'s version don\'t even exist in mine yet especially the main ones people notice (icon bugs and log in screen bugs).

Flame:
(Don\'t really know how he would format his so ill just post exactly what he said.)
  • Flame:

* Wipe now before more pokemon are added so no time is wasted training them.

* Why wipe later when you can wipe now? People will know its coming and won\'t bother coming to train until the wipe comes.

* Some bugs in Brandon\'s version are fixed in mine...but i don\'t remember which file they were in or what bugs i fixed. I do know i fixed some though ^^

Some people are wondering why I want to wipe in the first place.

* The Main reason is I changed the formula for stats to be more realistic and to make it easier to code Pokemon (at least for me...even though Brandon says it wont), and the only reason i could do this would be to pwipe.

uhh...ill add more reasons as i think of them Razz

Last edited by Brandon on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonbloodstone.forumotion.net
Flame48
Admin
Admin
Flame48

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Let me fix my side:

Flame:
  • Wipe now before more pokemon are added so no time is wasted training them.

• Why wipe later when you can wipe now? People will know its coming and won't bother coming to train until the wipe comes.

• Some bugs in Brandon's version are fixed in mine...but i don't remember which file they were in or what bugs i fixed. I do know i fixed some though ^^

• The Main reason is I changed the formula for stats to be more realistic and to make it easier to code Pokemon (at least for me...even though Brandon says it wont), and the only reason i could do this would be to pwipe.

Last edited by Flame48 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mateus69

Mateus69

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:22 pm

I think we should pwipe now... Because the sooner it is, the better. It's true that you have more time to trsain on spring break but... when spring break comes you'll train then.

So ya I vote for Flame, Srry Brandon xD
Back to top Go down
Superdutch25

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:26 pm

a pwipe during spring break
Back to top Go down
kuno121

kuno121

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Hmmmmmm Ok Well Both have Very Good Points

Both are equal to there sides and both make me feel pressure and wanna not vote ... hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Admin
Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Flame48 wrote:
Let me fix my side:

Flame:

• Why wipe later when you can wipe now? People will know its coming and won't bother coming to train until the wipe comes.

• Some bugs in Brandon's version are fixed in mine...but i don't remember which file they were in or what bugs i fixed. I do know i fixed some though ^^

• The Main reason is I changed the formula for stats to be more realistic and to make it easier to code Pokemon (at least for me...even though Brandon says it wont), and the only reason i could do this would be to pwipe.

I don't count 1 minute worth of coding per pokemon much faster -.- find a faster way to code attacks THEN i'll be all for wiping for it. I wouldn't wipe at all tbh cus most the players don't even know what EV/IV's are so why wipe them for something they know nothing about? That's like Obama putting a tax on they Carbon molecules in air >.>.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonbloodstone.forumotion.net
CommanderKippy

CommanderKippy

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:35 pm

I really want to wait because, well be able to get our event stuff back!

(PS. Brandon like my Avatar? I drew it myself! ^-^)
Back to top Go down
Mateus69

Mateus69

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:37 pm

What do you guys mean by ''now'' like whens the voting gonna end and when will we decide who won? And then when e do find out who won, will we update there? or wait a day or two for the pwipe.
Back to top Go down
Flame48
Admin
Admin
Flame48

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Brandon wrote:
Flame48 wrote:
Let me fix my side:

Flame:

I don't count 1 minute worth of coding per pokemon much faster -.- find a faster way to code attacks THEN i'll be all for wiping for it. I wouldn't wipe at all tbh cus most the players don't even know what EV/IV's are so why wipe them for something they know nothing about? That's like Obama putting a tax on they Carbon molecules in air >.>.

By attacks if you mean the actual attacks then those are easy to code (at least to me they are). If you mean the if(lvl==25) attacks+=whatever thing, then i already made a code generator for this. Ask kenny if you want, he saw me using it Razz

I'm not wiping because of EV's and IV's...im wiping because as i said, i changed hte formula for attacks and this would be the only way to implement it without making everyone lose their stat boosts.
Back to top Go down
Jonny_test_718

Jonny_test_718

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 pm

I sayNOW!!>.>

Last edited by Jonny_test_718 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kenny

Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Flame48 wrote:

By attacks if you mean the actual attacks then those are easy to code (at least to me they are). If you mean the if(lvl==25) attacks+=whatever thing, then i already made a code generator for this. Ask kenny if you want, he saw me using it Razz

Yesh, I did Very Happy It was so awesome ^^ Flame you need to tell me how you make one of those >_<
Back to top Go down
Flame48
Admin
Admin
Flame48

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Rofl is cheating, he made a 2nd account.
Back to top Go down
Mateus69

Mateus69

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 pm

ouch
Back to top Go down
Jonny_test_718

Jonny_test_718

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 pm

lmao rofl u better have voted for NOW xD

Admin
Admin
Flame48

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Quote :
Side note: Some of the bugs in Flame\'s version don\'t even exist in mine yet especially the main ones people notice (icon bugs and log in screen bugs).

Thats cause they only appear when hosting a server with several people on i guess...because my version was fine too until Jonny began hosting it.
Back to top Go down
Kenny

Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am

If you mean the bug like with the screen, Flame let me host a private server for me and him and the Login Screen was fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neon

Neon

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 pm

lol i say wipe now lolz bounce
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:38 pm

I think the game should be wiped now.
Back to top Go down
Pokis

Pokis

PostSubject: Pole question   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 pm

wipe in the break not now
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Truely I dont care, but if we do pwipe later there will be moro stuff, but if we do it now people wont complain and what not. So there are ups and downs of each side
Back to top Go down
bratygirl

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:16 am

I would like to know when the wipe happens, so me and my hubby can log back in.
Back to top Go down
Kenny

Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:17 pm

It happened yesterday Razz
Back to top Go down
Zeinx

Zeinx

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I think this game should be wiped now so lag can be fixed and other bugs and so brandon can put more pkmn in the game like legendaries(and add the battle frontier plz)thank you BRANDON for such a good game!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy and i would like to know when it is wiped thank you
Back to top Go down
Flame48
Admin
Admin
Flame48

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:02 am

the game was wiped..if you would have read kenny's post you would know that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)   Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wipe now or Spring Break (read reasonings before voting)
Page 1 of 1